Thursday, November 26, 2009

I've Been There


Lord, it seems that in this struggle
To do what’s right and good
It only brings me trouble
And I feel misunderstood
Lord, I feel so lonely then
Like no one really cares
Lord Jesus, do You understand?
He replies, “I’ve been there”

And sometimes no one’s willing Lord
To walk the extra mile
They hurry on across the road
Nod, and politely smile
I sure could use an extra hand
Guess there’s not one to spare
Lord Jesus, do You understand?
He smiles and says, “I’ve been there”

And Lord, sometimes temptation’s flame
Rises up around me
I cannot think from whence I came
I fear that it will drown me
Within this sea it’s hard to stand
Does anybody care?
Lord Jesus, do You understand?
He answers, “Yes, I’ve been there

I was in the wilderness
For forty nights and days
The tempter tried to do his best
To lead your Lord astray
I was in Gethsemane
Alone I wept in prayer
Dear child, I was at Calvary
So yes, I’ve been there, I’ve been there”

There is one place I cannot go
I cannot be defeated
For I am God, my child and so
I’m Victory completed
Take My hand and trust in Me
For then no matter where
You go you know that I will be
Forever with you there"

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

He who is in you is
greater that he that
is in the world. 1 John 4:4

No comments: