Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nature Undone


Upon the autumn hills I fix my gaze
Blue horizon with a violet haze
Transient shroud beyond rustling corn
THer gold stalk bowed….in nature undone

The hills that boasted amber, red and gold
Stand listless, naked in the morning cold
The wind replies in raw and edgy tones
From sullen skies….in nature undone

The fields once clad in softest emerald gown
Are dull and sad in somber robes of brown
No more the stage for romping in the sun
They quell their rage…in nature undone

Blow wind, blow across the barren plain
Through God, we know that this will not remain
Beneath the surface new life has begun
This is my solace….in nature undone

To everything in life there is a season
In joy or strife a purpose and a reason
Beneath my surface a new work is begun
God, be my purpose…in my nature undone

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
11/04/09

Just looking at this picture that
I took from our front porch,
does not capture its complete essence....
you can't feel the chill or hear the wind
as it moans through bare trees,
across subdued gardens and fields.....

All of us also lived among them at one time,
gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature
and following its desires and thoughts.
Like the rest, we were by nature
the objects of wrath.
But, because of His great love for us,
God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive
with Christ even when we were dead in
transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved. Eph.2:3-4

p.s. The farm on the right-hand side of this picture
is where I grew up.......we now live in a house that
used to be my grand-parents house...just a little
'peek' into my existence:):)

No comments: