Monday, November 9, 2009

Do You Ever Think of Me? (lonely soldiers love-letter)


As the wind sighs over the garden
As it murmurs through the trees
As rain-drops dance upon your midnight
Or linger on the morning breeze
As the moon rises in splendor
O’er a calm and tranquil sea
In your memory as you wander
Do you ever think of me?

Is there a faintest dew of sorrow
Gleaming on the meadow green?
In the hills beyond the bustle
Do you hear the echoing
Of distant days and silent laughter
Midnight neath a harvest moon
Do you ever hear the whisper
Of a tender by-gone tune?

Do you, as you sit and ponder
Life, with all its twists and turns
Do you ever sit and wonder
Why it’s for the past we yearn?
As breezes sweep across the meadow
Stirring up a memory
In the dusky evening shadows
Do you ever think of me?

Will you wait for my returning?
Will you love me while I’m gone?
Will you promise to remember
All our moments in the sun?
As the dawn in all its splendor
Creeps above the garden wall
Darling, oh will you remember?
Do you think of me at all?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
09/11/09

No comments: