Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More than Words


Words can build
Words tear down
Words bring smiles
And make us frown
Words can bind
Or set us free
Words can soothe
Or bring misery
Words can comfort
Beg and implore
But sometimes it’s silence
That says much more

Words can pierce
Words wound and crush
Sometimes words
Can make us blush
Words can heal
And words can hurt
Dreams live and die
By a single word
Words can cut
Right to the core
But sometimes silence
Hurts us more

Silence is gold
If its glow is love
Silence is cold
An icy glove
With no warm words
Of understanding
Silent hurt
Is deep and rending
Words forgive
And words restore
Silence hurts
And says much more

Lord, help me choose
So carefully
When to be quiet
When to speak
Let my words be like honey
Sweet and pure
Let me remain silent
If I am unsure
Words can soothe
As silence ignores
Words can speak
While silence says more

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
18/11/09

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in Your sight,
O Lord my Rock and Redeemer. Ps.19:14

No comments: