Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Fool Like Me


Seems some days like I am bent
On following my foolish will
Ignoring Your great love You sent
In spite of this You love me still
Lord, sometimes Your heart must break
As You view my stubborn pride
Watch me repeat each sad mistake
Waiting for my helpless cry

God, I am living proof
Of Your unending love and grace
First I ignore; then stand aloof
Then dare to seek Your face
Lord, you know each hidden part
Just how foolish I can be
Yet You still find it in Your heart
To love a fool like me

God, I will never understand
How vast Your love must be
For somewhere in salvation's plan
You loved a fool like me
Greater love than this my Lord
Oh, there can never be
That You reserve Heaven’s reward
And love a fool like me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

He would not even look up to Heaven,
but He beat His breast and said,
"Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner" Luke 18:13

No comments: