Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We Call it June


How glorious is Thy handiwork
Dear Lord, I softly sigh
As I tilt back my head and look
Into a cloud-strewn sky
I see the wind-tossed tree tops
Dressed in richest shades of green
Where but a few short weeks ago
Bare branches still had been

And then I gaze across the field
Who knew that there could be
So many shades of emerald yield
Yet all be labeled green?
How wondrous is Your handiwork
A thousand brilliant hues
Are splashed upon this canopy
The one named humbly- June

I deeply drink Your splendor, Lord
Displayed for all to see
The glory of Your spoken word
Dear Lord, how can it be
That You are mindful yet of man
Who constantly brings ruin
And still You bless us yet again
With this rare gem called- June

All Rights Reserved
Aug.2009
Janet Martin

Oh Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth. PS.8:1

No comments: