Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Little Nothings


The scent of rain on dusty streets
The pitter-pat of little feet
Gazing at a butter-fly
Or clouds as they go drifting by
The kiss of daylight on the dew
The thrill of learning something new
All these little nothings sure are something
And Lord, I thank You

The memory of faint childhood dreams
A sudden teardrop as it gleams
Children’s laughter, splash of sun
Resting after work is done
Nibble of life’s little treat
Unexpected smile so sweet
All these little nothings sure are something
And Lord, I thank You

I thank You for each blessed gift
Songs to cheer and to uplift
I lift my head ‘tis then I see
The countless gifts You pour on me
Simple momentary bliss
They laugh, they smile, they dance they kiss
Then all my little nothings sure turn into something
And Lord, I thank You

All Rights Reserved
Aug. 2009
Janet Martin

Praise be to God who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me. Ps.66:20

No comments: