Friday, August 14, 2009

Walk with God


Some day, my child, you’ll be leaving
To go into the big world alone,
And silently, already I’m grieving
The hour, when from here you have flown,
For life can be a cold wind blasting
As in its vast plain you trod,
But there is one sure thing everlasting
My child, if you walk with God.

In all of your joys and your sorrows,
In failure or in your success,
In the mystery of a-thousand tomorrows
Which I pray, hold for you happiness,
In all of your coming and going,
Wherever in life you may trod,
There is a quiet peace ever-glowing,
My child, if you walk with God.

Remember him in all of your choices
When you rise to face a new day,
Remember him when dark, evil voices
Threaten to lure you away,
Remember this great, great salvation
And trust Him as onward you trod,
For we serve the Lord of creation,
So, my dear child, walk with God.

Love, Written by mom
From Mom and Dad, Happy Valentine’s Day, 2009

Remember now thy creator in the days of thy youth,
Before the evil days come and the years draw near
When you shall say, ‘I have no pleasure in them.’
Eccles.12:1

All Rights Reserved

No comments: