Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Broken Butterfly


You poor little broken butterfly
Applying your blush and painting your eyes
Curling your hair and reddening your lips
Provoking a stare by the sway of your hips
You’ve never heard of a temple defiled
You’re fourteen and you’re a child

You uncover what ought to bring you shame
Allowing lust to trample your name
Do you realize what you are throwing away?
And can never retrieve, try though you may
You’ve tossed away a treasure so pure
A gem reserved for one love that endures

The sparkle of youth and innocence gone
Too soon from the nest of childhood you’ve flown
You search for approval and recognition
By offering your temple to slaves of perdition
I look at you and I want to cry
You poor little broken butterfly

My dear precious princess, my dear young girl
You are a treasure a rare priceless pearl
Gods love cleanses and washes you clean
You are His temple, my dear young teen
Has no one told you what to cherish and why?
My poor little broken butterfly

All Rights Reserved Aug. 2009

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.You know when I sit down and when I arise.You perceive my thoughts from afar.You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways...Ps. 139:1-3

My heart breaks when I hear appalling stories of girls bent on getting rid of the one thing they can NEVER have back!!!

No comments: