Thursday, August 27, 2009

Conversation With My Son


Did it hurt Mommy, when He wore that crown?
Did the thorns really pierce, did the blood run down?
Yes, my dear son, that crown of thorn
Hurt so much, but for us it was worn,
Did it hurt as much as the nails Mommy?
As much as those nails in His hands,
I’m sure those nails hurt even more, son
With a pain we cannot understand,
Why did He choose this way to die?
With such awful pain, why Mommy, why?

I gaze into the face of my one precious son,
A new understanding begins to dawn,
Not only did Christ bear His physical hurt,
His Father, His only dear Son would desert
As He bears the weight of EVERY sin!!
My mind can scarcely take it in,
Why did He do it Mommy, why?
Why did he choose this way to die?
Well, my son, I think it was so
He would suffer every pain we could ever know,
He gave His all and did not with-hold
One single comfort in His anguish untold,
He gave His all, poured out his life-blood
So we may find life in that crimson flood,
He gave his all, son, so that we
May taste His great love and forever be free

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called the children of God. 1 John 3:1

No comments: