Thursday, August 6, 2009

In the Garden


In the garden, in the garden,
Do you see Him kneeling there?
Agonizing ‘neath the burden
For which He was sent to bear,
O, my Father, if you’re willing
Let this cup depart from me,
O, my Father, if You will not
Make my own will more like Thee

See the sweat-drops, see the sweat-drops
Fall like blood around him there,
For his agony increases
As the hour of death draws near,
O, my Father, O, my Father
Not My will but Thine be done,
For this cup You give no other
Than Your one and only Son

See the angel, see the angel,
Bending low to dry His tears,
Sweet compassion from His Father,
Sent to show He still is near,
O, my Father, O, my Father,
Lo, the hour now is come,
O, my Father, O, my Father,
Not My will, but Thine be done

All Rights Reserved Aug. 2009

And Jesus said this as He looked toward Heaven and prayed;
"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify You." John 17:1

No comments: