Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There all Along (song)


You were there all along
Like a silent love song
Waiting, waiting for me
On the side of a hill
You prayed, Father, not my will
Waiting, waiting for me

Cho. And there I was; and there You were
I turned away but you still cared
Up on a cross midst hatred’s din
You became sin who knew no sin

You were there all along
Still, in spite of the throng
Hating, hating Your name
Your voice cries aloud
Above the raging crowd
Taking, taking our blame

And there I was; and there You were
I slowly turned to see Your tear
Not for Yourself, but for all men
You became sin; who knew no sin

You were there all along
In spite of my wrong
Loving, loving me still
And You are here all along
You’re the joy in my song
As I bow ‘neath the cross on the hill

And here I am; child of a King
God’s perfect Lamb has washed me clean
He conquered death and broke sin’s chain
When He became sin who knew no sin

And there He is; God’s perfect Lamb
Alpha, Omega, Great I AM
He bore sin’s vilest robes unclean
When He became sin who knew no sin

All Rights Reserved Aug. 2009
Janet Martin
God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us,
so that in Him we might become the righteousness of GOD. 2 Cor.5:21

No comments: