Monday, August 31, 2009

Fighting Your Will


Lord, no, no, I don’t want to go,
I simply cannot do it
Oh, do not ask of me this task
Oh, walk some other through it
It’s not for me Lord, can’t You see
I’m oh so small and feeble
It seems I see so many who’d be
More fit than I of all people

I’m growing tired, I’m fighting hard
Trying to ease Your prodding
I shout and sing, do many ‘things’
In vain, my foolish plotting
For in the hush of midnights rush
I hear Your patient Spirit
“Why do you fight? You know I’m right
And I will help you bear it”

Resigned and shaking, my will is breaking
As weeping I surrender
Yes, Lord I’ll go, for Lord, I know
You are my Great Defender
I’ve fought so hard but now my guard
Is weak and failing sadly
I’ll trust in You to see me through
The will I’ve fought so badly

Within my heart dwells no good part
Your will must be my wisdom
As step by step I’m in your grip
Until I reach Your kingdom
If I fulfill Your perfect will
Tis only through Your Spirit
So I will try and if I cry
I know that You will hear it

All Rights Reserved Aug.2009
Janet Martin

Because God has said,
"I will never leave you;
I will never forsake you;"
So we can say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper,
Iwill not be afraid.
What can man do to me?" Heb.13:5-6

No comments: