Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do You Make Your Daddy Proud?


Little boy, little boy, I’m sittin’ here an’ thinkin’ loud,
In the choices of your day
Do you make your daddy proud?
At night when you lay down to rest
Does contentment fill your breast?
To know that what your hands have done
Would please a man to call you ‘son’

Little man, little man, I’m just kinda thinkin’ here,
As you lay down to rest at night
Is your mind and conscience clear?
In the actions you have done
Would dad be proud to call you ‘son’?
If Someone watched you, little lad,
Would you make your Father glad?

Young man, young man, I’m sittin’ here an’ thinkin’ loud,
As you rise to face the day
Won’t you make your father proud?
Is your spirit kind and true?
Would your dad be proud of you?
An’ I’m not talkin’ foolish pride…
But the honorable kind deep down inside

Little boy, little boy, I’m sittin’ here an’ thinkin’ loud,
If you wish to give dad joy
Live to make your Father proud,
Then you can look him in the eye,
Stand straight an’ tall with chin held high
To know the deeds which you have done
Would make him proud to call you ‘son’

Daddy dear, daddy dear, I’m sittin’ here an’ thinkin’ loud,
If your son followed you today,
Daddy, would you make him proud?
Would his heart swell in his chest
To know for sure his dad’s the best?
And would it make him proud and glad
To tell his buddies ‘that’s my dad’?!
Oh, an’ never let him hang his head,
Ashamed to whisper, that’s my dad

This for fathers and sons, but a lot of it is
Also for all of God’s children Janet Martin 2008

All Rights Reserved June 2009

No comments: