Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Wonder of it All


May the wonder of Your love never leave me
But dwell in me like every brand new dawn
Awe-struck by Your mercy and compassion
Which daily I can ever lean upon
This world may boast of wealth that You have given
But there is no one who can boast of power
Grand enough to get themselves to heaven
When they have reached their final earthly hour

Only You can open up the doorway
Leading to that home beyond the sun
Not by gold or silver can we purchase
A passage; not by works which we have done
Only by believing in Your offering
The life You freely gave at Calvary
Only through the blood of You, Lord Jesus
Can we inherit life eternally

Oh, may this glorious wonder never leave me
May its joy live ever in my soul
Though many times I know dear Lord, I grieve thee
At Your mercy-seat I am made whole
Lord, may this wonder never lose its passion
Until I bow before Your great white throne
And know the only reason I am with You
Is by the saving blood of Your dear Son

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves;
it is the gift of God;
Not of works lest any man should boast. Eph.2:8-9

No comments: