Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Than You Bargained For....


Darling I know in the past twenty-two years
You got more than you bargained for
You learned about mood-swings and those hormone things
But you’ve learned so much more
You’ve discovered the hidden truth
What the game of golf really means
And why there are more older men than youth
Strolling upon the greens
You got rear-enders and broken fenders
And errands in every direction
And whether you know it or not you own
A sizeable shoe collection
You got more bills than you ever dreamed
On the day you said ‘I do’
But maybe that’s because you got
A couple more mouths to feed too
And these have brought questions and more education
Than we ever learned in school
Some days I feel your share of frustration
I got more than I bargained for too!
We got more love and laughter and kisses
Than we knew ever existed
When you became mister and I became missus
‘Cause we could no longer resist it
Yes, I know in these past twenty-two years
You got more than you bargained for
But tell me darling, hasn’t it been great?
Let’s hope for twenty-two more!

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Happy 22nd Anniversary, Jim!

No comments: