Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eighteen......


Oh how I’ve loved you my dear oh how
Can it really be eighteen years ago?
That first deep thrill of motherhood
When I knew, yes, this is good
Can it be eighteen years have passed
And childhood has its shadow cast
Perhaps yet unbeknownst to you
But soon you’ll see its shadow too….
I used to think I’d be so sad
As I recall the hours we had
When you were just a girl so wee
Never very far from me
But now a deeper keener sense
Stirs within the present-tense
And in its stirring I am glad
For every hour we have had
And my dear girl, I wish for you
The joys of growing older too
The light that sparkles in your eye
As a dream goes drifting by
I wish for you the wondrous chance
Of dreams come true, of loves sweet dance
I wish for you both smiles and tears
For as I look back o’er the years
I see how one refines the other
As I’ve been blessed to be your mother

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Happy Eighteenth Birthday, Emily<3

Be happy, young 'woman', while you are young,
and let your heart give you joy
in the days of your youth.
Follow the ways of your heart
and whatever your eyes see,
but know that for all these things
God will bring you into judgment. Eccles. 11:9

No comments: