Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Love Me


When I think of all the shameful things I’ve done
And how I really don’t deserve Your love
And when I think about Your only Son
How He died His perfect love to prove
I wonder how that it could be
That You should love a wretch like me….

I view the vast and distant shimmering sea
The earth that melts to green beneath Your touch
I gaze into the sky’s eternity
And realize that Your great love is such
That I could never begin to see
The start or the end of Your love for me…

Then I think about Your blood that poured
To provide for me, amazing grace
And how with Your great mercy You restored
A wretch like me, and softly kissed my face
I weep; for I am sinful and defiled
Yet still You love me as You call me ‘Child’

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

I know...I use this verse a lot....

Isn't it a beauty????

oh, what manner of love the Father
bestows unto us that we should be called
the children of God. 1 John 3:1

No comments: