Friday, April 9, 2010

Enough for Me


Time and money are two things, it seems
Always in short supply
Why is it while the dreamer dreams
The well of both run dry
I’d be a dreamer if I could
Where all of its pleasures are free
But God is great and God is good
And He is enough for me

The well of His mercy never runs dry
His love is everlasting
I pause with a distant look in my eye
As daylight its mantle is casting
A whisper draws me from my brooding
And useless fantasy
For God is great and He is good and
He is enough for me

He is enough when life’s weary mile
Is tedious and trying
He is enough, so I can smile
Though inside I feel like crying
Oh, I hear the beat of a distant drum
Beyond a misty sea
It beckons to me from somewhere beyond
Where He is enough for me


All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

No comments: