Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Know


You know the beginning and the end of all things
What is past, what is present, and what tomorrow brings
Yet I seem to think I must do my part
To carry a portion of life’s cares in my heart
God, does it ever make you weep
When you look at the measure of worry I keep?

Is it my ignorance or is it my pride
That insists on keeping cares locked up inside
Why do I know and ignore willingly
Your call saying ‘Cast ALL your burdens on Me’?
God, You know far more than my mind can conceive
And yet I struggle to trust and believe

You know the number of all of my days
You know the error of my foolish ways
You know the measure of my faith and love
That with or without You I have nothing to prove
You know the fullness of salvation’s plan
It cannot be added to by any man

You know because YOU ARE the All in all
You are the ONE who saves man from his fall
You are the ONE who never forsakes
Even though You know all my endless mistakes
I cry out to You in repentance and grief
Lord, I believe, help my unbelief

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Cast ALL your anxiety on Him
because He cares for you. 1 Pet. 5:7

Lord, I believe. Help Thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24

No comments: