Thursday, April 8, 2010

I've Been Loved


There are so many places
That I have never been
So many grand attractions
That I have never seen
And whilst a tinge of restlessness
May stir beneath my feet
My heart is filled with thankfulness
My life has been complete….

For I’ve been loved by many
And my cup of joy is full
I’ve been the silent envy
Of the sad and lonely soul
As the wide world beckons
And I quell a longing sigh
I turn to see a blessing
Shining in a loved ones eye

I’ve been loved in childish hugs
And vacant teen-age stares
In tender eyes of azure blue
In words and thoughts and prayers
I’ve known quiet faithfulness
Unwavering loyalty
When deepest loves are put to test
I’ve known victory

I’ve been loved by one great Love
Free to everyone
It flows to us from God above
Through Jesus Christ, His Son
Yes, I’ll admit I’ve never seen
The sights I’d love to see
But, I’m so blessed for I have been
So loved, in spite of me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Oh, what manner of love the Father
has bestowed upon us,
that we should be called
the children of God. 1 John 3:1

No comments: