Monday, May 24, 2010

Without You


I can live without butter and toast
Or the occasional cup of tea
I’d try to relinquish the thing I love most
If you should require this of me
But as I ponder the treasures I hold
I know now what I cannot do
I can live without silver and gold
But I cannot live without you
No I cannot live without you

I don’t need a big and fancy car
Or a pocket full of dreams
I don’t need to wish upon a star
No matter how brightly it beams
I don’t care for the things wealth will glean
For it soon disappears from my view
I need a shoulder on which to lean
So I cannot live without you
No, I cannot live without you

I cannot live without your tender voice
Whispering deep in my mind
And if today I was given a choice
To gain the world but leave you behind
Without hesitation would come my reply
Not needing to think it through
Oh my Lord Jesus I would rather die
For I cannot live without You
No, I cannot live without You

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

What good will it be for a man
if he gains the whole world
but forfeits his own soul?
Matt.16:26

No comments: