Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'll Never Make It




I’ll never make it
I will be too late
I can’t run fast enough
I contemplate
Taking a short-cut
But what’s the use
I ‘m all out of steam
And all out of ‘juice’
I’m over-whelmed
At the futility
Of this useless race
When Someone whispers to me
You’ve already made it
Your race is won
The price? I’ve paid it
I am God’s Son
The running is simply
This thing called life
To desire heaven
One must bear toil and strife
But the day you cried
“Forgive this sinner,
I believe You died”
You were a winner
You’ve already made it
Do not run with fear
But with joy, for you know
That victory is near!!!

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
Tonight I was trying to photograph
The sun slipping away….
As I took a picture I realize
I would have to run like crazy
For approx. 1/3 of a mile to get past the trees
To where I could see the sun actually slip
Out of sight! So the race was on….
I made it, but BARELY!!!
I’m glad this is not the way into heaven…
Running like crazy but not sure if we’ll make it!

For God so loved the world
That He gave His only begotten Son
That whosoever believes in Him
Should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

No comments: