Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Good Servant


Dear Lord, what is required of me
If I should Thy good servant be
Can these two hands do any good thing
To serve and honor a holy King?
The answer met me on this broken sod
‘Do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God’

Oh Lord, why there must surely be
One great thing you require of me
As you view this groaning plain
How can I serve You not in vain?
Again He met me on this lowly sod
‘Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God’

Lord, your command sounds so simple and yet
It seems too easily I forget
When all You desire is that I bring
A humble heart before my King
Lord, help me in every step I trod
To do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Tonight I prayed, God, show me a verse…..
I really need something tonight
And I’m not sure what……..
I opened my Bible and the verse I
Opened it to was Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good.
And what doth the Lord require of thee?
But to do justly, to love mercy
And to walk humbly before thy God.

No comments: