Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Past.....


While we slept
You softly crept
Beyond the confines of time
Like rustling grass
You simply pass
In unfettered rhythm and rhyme
With silent voice
As you garner each choice
But leave the ache of a dream
Over the sea
To an eternity
Of sun and wind and rain
And there you lie
Beneath the sky
For when your veil is cast
Though we may yearn
We cannot return
To the shadow of the past
And if I could
I don’t think I would
But I will simply embrace
This moment or two
Before it fades from my view
To its final resting place





All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Remember Him......before the silver cord is severed
or the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring
or the wheel broken at the well
and the dust returns to the ground it came from
and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Eccles. 12:6-7

No comments: