Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mountain-climbing




Lord, will you help me
Will you help me climb
This looming mountain
One small step at a time
Hold me firmly
In Your tender grip
Lest my erring footsteps
Should suddenly slip
For each mountain is possible
If You help me climb
Not the whole mountain
But one step at a time…..

It looks impossible
I’ll admit it’s true
But You said nothing
Is impossible for you
So when I begin
To search for the peak
Lord, let me listen
To the words You speak
Then I’ll put my hand
In yours as I climb
Lord, help me endure
One small step at a time

One step at a time
On life’s fragile thread
But You hold the end
You know what lies ahead
Here in the shadow
Of this giant wall
Oh Lord, You know
I feel so small
Help me to feel
Your hand over mine
For everything is possible
One small step at a time

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


...for nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37

No comments: