Thursday, May 13, 2010

If I Didn't Have You, Jesus



It’s knowing I’m not shackled by my failures
And that I am not measured by success
It’s realizing that the endless pleasures
Of this world cannot bring happiness
It’s living in this moment without worrying
‘Bout the one that’s coming next
It’s walking wisely but not hurrying
With the rushing masses and perplexed
It’s believing that there’s something better
Somewhere beyond the blue
Oh, if I didn’t have you with me, Jesus
Oh, I just don’t know what I would do

It’s waiting for the answers that are hidden
When I’d rather plunge right in
It’s doing what He tells me when I’m bidden
Even though I’d rather wait again
It’s walking through a valley on His shoulder
Because somehow I’ve crumbled ‘neath my load
It’s knowing, even as the night grows colder
That Heaven waits beyond this temporal road
It’s yielding, when my world has gone to pieces
Because I’m stubborn and so foolish too
Oh, if I didn’t have you with me, Jesus
Oh, I just don’t know what I would do

All rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: