Saturday, May 22, 2010

To My Heart


To My Heart

When all of the wisdom of knowledge and words
Cannot make it from my mind to my heart
When it seems to me that I have heard
The full measure that words can impart
When I reflect in the still of the night
On the things that I know to be true
Yet find them powerless to calm or delight
There is only one thing I can do

I cling to You Jesus, as I reach for Your hand
Though you cannot release us, you help us to stand
My faith is as small as a mustard seed
Yet you have declared it is all that I need

When truth is a mirror that causes me pain
As it reveals my faults and regrets
When everything I’ve lived for has been in vain
There's one thing I cannot forget
While all the things in this sad old world
Leave us empty and dry
Above the cloud is a banner unfurled
Your love that will never die

So I cling to you Jesus it is all I can do
While the storm rages I’ll keep clinging to You
Then as I am clinging, dear Jesus impart
Your blessed Word from my mind to my heart

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


In God is my salvation and my glory;
the rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, ye people.
Pour our your heart before Him.
God is a refuge for us.
Psalms 62:7-8

No comments: