Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jesus Wept.............



I stretched my arms to you
But you turned away
Choosing the darkness
Where cold demons prey
You were so hungry
I brought you some food
Enough for a life time
Wholesome and good
But you chose the filth
And the husks at your feet
Spurning the Bread
You chose crumbs on the street
I brought you water
To quench your thirst
But as you walked by Me
You stumbled and cursed
Ignoring the cup
In my out-stretched Hand
You chose a desert
Of burning sand
I offered you life
Beyond your last breath
But oh, you rejected it
And you chose death

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem
You who kill the prophets and stone those
Sent to you;
How often I have longed to gather your children
As a hen gathers her chicks under her wings,
But you were not willing!
Look, your house is left desolate.
I tell you, you will not see me again until you say
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the
Lord’.
Luke 13; 34-35

This verse to me is one of the most beautifully poignant
Pictures of His incredible love for us as He came to earth.
Oh, let us celebrate in spirit and truth this Christmas!!!

No comments: