Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm Not That Old....Yet





….but I’ve lived long enough to see
This world is full of misery
The fruit of sin has bleak reward
And life is dark without the Lord
I’ve live long enough to know
That youth is like the melting snow
A brief and dashing interlude
Before the spirit is subdued
As somberly life’s truth we see
This world is full of misery

I’m not that old …..yet
But I’ve lived long enough to learn
The spirit will forever yearn
Until it looks to God above
And drinks of His abundant love
Oh, I’ve lived long enough to see
This world is full of misery
But greater far the love of God
Man’s hope upon this sin-cursed sod

I’m not that young….yes, I’ll admit
I wish I were….sometimes, a bit
But then I look around and see
This world of grief and misery
And with each step I realize
I’m one step closer to the skies
Closer to eternity
And freedom from life’s misery

Janet Martin~

But thanks be to God.
He gives us victory
Through our Lord Jesus Christ….1 Cor.15:57

No comments: