Monday, December 13, 2010

Comfortable.....


Sometimes I do not want to move
It’s warm and comfortable
I long to hang ‘do not disturb’
Outside my little shell
If I just close my eyes awhile
The storms might disappear
I care not for the wind so vile
Its sorrow and its tear

Oh we all know we cannot stay
Inside a wee cocoon
We must work while it is day
For night is coming soon
We must lend a helping hand
And spread a little cheer
Or help a weaker comrade stand
Or dry another’s tear

There is no solace in a shell
A parched and empty skin
Too soon we hear the mournful knell
As night is closing in
Sometimes I do not want to move
But as I start to pray
God gives to me the heart of love
To face another day

Janet~

This was one of those mornings…….:0
We are being hammered with a winter storm
And the bed was warm….
But it’s Monday and duty calls!!!!

As long as it is day we must do the work of him
That sent me.
Night is coming when no one can work. John 9:4

No comments: