Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You Teach Me...


You teach me how to roll with the punches
On life’s ever-changing sea
When I think that I cannot do it
You are right there to teach me
As life’s highway dips into the valley
And suddenly the sun disappears
You are still there in the darkness
To whisper to me through my fears

You teach me to say ‘not my will, Lord’
When it is so hard to do
As I realize my great weakness
All I can do is trust You
For faith is the substance we hope for
Something naked eye cannot see
Yet it is not blind; but with purpose
Lord, You are teaching me

You tell me I can fly like an eagle
If I simply trust Your will
Lord, how You love Your people
There are no words to tell
The infinite streams of compassion
Beyond the depths of the sea
Lord, clear my earth-dimmed vision
To see what You’re teaching me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin



But they that wait upon the Lord
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
and they shall walk and not faint.

Isa.40:31

No comments: