Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank-you, God


I could fret and I could pine
For the things that are not mine
I know there’s a bright array
Of wishes I could wish today
But I will try to do my part
To have a truly thankful heart

God, You’ve been so good to me
Open up my eyes to see
Not the things I cannot grasp
But the gifts within my clasp
Before my eyes you have unfurled
All the wonders of the world

I could dream and I could sigh
But like clouds up in the sky
Wishes simply drift away
You bestow the gifts that stay
Wondrous mercy, perfect love
Streaming from Your throne above

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


O, praise the Lord, all ye nations;
praise Him all ye people.
For His merciful kindness is great toward us:
and the truth of the Lord endures forever.
Praise ye the Lord! Ps. 117

No comments: