Monday, July 19, 2010

Wonderful


When I think of all the blessings that You shower on my way
I’m humbled in Your Presence Lord, and don’t know what to say
And I can hardly grasp the wonder, oh how can it be
That You would send a heavenly King to save a wretch like me

The beauty of Your universe unfolds before my gaze
And I, born under Satan’s curse am filled with thankful praise
The Keeper of the sun and moon; the dazzling starry sea
Sent His one and only Son to save a wretch like me

I bow my head in shame and sorrow; how can I forget
As I worry ‘bout tomorrow, as I pause to sigh or fret
If He can tame the winds and waves and set the sinner free
How wonderful must be the grace that saves a wretch like me

A grace that carries me beyond this weary endless toil
For when this mortal life is gone and rests beneath the soil
On wings of everlasting peace His love reserves for me
A home in heaven’s resting place for such a wretch as me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

From everyone who has been given much,
much will be demanded
and the one who has been entrusted with much,
much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

No comments: