Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seeking......


I sought it in the painful mercy
Of an old sentimental tune
I thought I would surely find it
By the pale glow of the moon
In meadows where I used to run
I searched the other day
In the blue of your eyes, the gold of the sun
In clouds of pewter gray


I gazed into a newborn face
And caught the hope of it
In the sunset’s coral blaze
I glimpsed a tiny bit
I sought it in the silent night
But in the silky air
Though I would search with all my might
I knew it wasn’t there


I sought within dear, loving arms
Familiar hands I shook
I searched in memories sweet and warm
In old and faded books
In every place I wandered
I felt a strange attraction
But realized when pondered
They could bring no satisfaction


As I knelt at close of day
Discouraged and alone
It seemed I heard a calm Voice say
I am the only One
Who can fulfill the aching void
That sighs so deep within
For pure contentment is destroyed
Only when marred by sin

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: