Friday, July 23, 2010

The Hand of God


I till, I plant, I weed, I hoe
I dream, I prune and prod
Yet in spite of all I do
The increase comes from God

With my hands I sweat and toil
To work this earthly sod
But any life within this soil
Rests in the hand of God

In spite of all our wisdom grand
And knowledge gleaned from sod
The increase lies in but one hand
The mighty hand of God

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Yesterday I spent all afternoon in the garden….
Picking, hoeing, weeding, staking, …you know?
I remarked that I had NEVER seen the corn
Look as promising as it did this year.
We had a big wind and rain storm in the night….
This poem was my thoughts after the initial disappointment.
And so this life is…..
In spite of all our knowledge in any area of our lives
The increase lies in one Hand!

The Lord does whatever pleases Him,
In the heavens and on the earth;
He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth;
He sends lightning with the rain
And brings out the wind from His storehouses. Ps.135:6-7

No comments: