Thursday, September 9, 2010

He Is There......


The daylight breathes behind the veil
Of dark and charcoal seas
And e’en before the brink turns pale
We feel it on the breeze
A whisper in the raven tress
A murmur on the sod
A Presence in the cool stillness
The deity of God

Life’s joy and sorrow weaves a shroud
The cloak we all must wear
And still beyond the sun and cloud
We know that He is there
A chant within fair nature’s chord
A throb upon the earth
A Presence of the King and Lord
Of this grand universe

We kneel in thanks at close of day
Fold weary hands in prayer
He wraps His love across our way
Though we can’t see Him there
We feel Him in our heart of heart
A comfort in life’s rain
The Mighty God of heaven and earth
Dwells in the heart of man

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

You hem me in--behind and before,
You have laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty to attain......

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your Presence?
If I go up to the heavens
You are there....
If I make my bed in the depths
you are there....Psalms 139:5-8

No comments: