Sunday, August 22, 2010

What if?


What if we had met years ago?
What if instead your name was….Joe?
What if I’d be rich, or….very poor?
What if I you didn’t love me any more?
What if God said ‘no’ instead of ‘yes’?
Would my cup of joy hold more or less?
What if I had turned left instead of right?
What if I’d surrender instead of fight?
What if tomorrow I lie sick in bed?
Or what if tomorrow I am dead?
What if I had never met you?
What if your eyes were brown, not blue?
What if, when the door opens today
I turn and walk the other way?
God, the road of ‘what if’s’ never ends
Let me simply trust You in life’s hills and bends
Let me not dwell in the what if’s that are gone
But trust Your will until this life is done

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


Do you ever find yourself asking 'What if???"....
that long, pointless, endless highway?

No comments: