Sunday, July 26, 2009

Holding Back


I’ve seen the way you look at me
A momentary glance
I’ve seen you give your dues to me
A sentimental dance
A tender little moment
A waltz across the room
A rose plucked from your garden
A whisper in the gloom
As I gaze down from Heaven
To view your winding track
I see what you have given
And what you’re holding back

I was there to hear your vows
Lord be my All in all
But does it seem like too much now
To trust me if you fall?
Won’t you stay here willingly?
Within My loving arms
Instead of gazing longingly
At artificial charms
My love is simply ‘Heaven’
The All in all you lack
Child I see what you have given
Why are you holding back?

I’ll give you the joy of a lifetime
Holy intimacy
If you fully place your hand in Mine
Wholly trusting me
I’ll give you a whole garden
Not just a single bloom
For when I signed your pardon
I saved you from your doom
I gave you My All in all
Holding nothing back
Will you give Me your all in all?
Trust me for all you lack

July 24, 2009
All Rights reserved
Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your mind. This is the first and GREATEST commandment. Matt 22:37-38

No comments: