Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Remind Me, Oh God


When doubt o’er-whelms me like the dark of the midnight
When hope seems to crash like a wave to the sea
When all of the promises that our God has given
Fade in the gloom of despair’s misery
Remind me, oh Lord, what to do
And turn my eyes back to You

Remind me of the night where You wept crimson blood-drops
As You cried to your Father, ‘not My will be done’
As You prayed, not for Yourself but for Your beloved
Knowing what must be wrought by God’s Son
Knowing that only You could pay the price
For the debt of mankind with love’s sacrifice

Remind me to follow the blood-stained footsteps
As You carried Your cross to the place of the skull
Remind Me that You did not forsake any promise
As you died in the arms of Your Father’s will
Remind me of the price that You paid
As my sin on Your shoulders was laid

Remind me, oh God, through the death of Perfection
We become righteousness through Your blood
Offering our lives as a thankful reflection
Because we are now the children of God
And there’s nothing left for us to do
But to trust and follow You

Janet~

Romans 5:8-11 (New International Version, ©2011)

8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

No comments: