Friday, March 18, 2011

No Empty Promise.....



When everything within us wants to quit
And the desire to persevere
Has faded with phrases like ‘this is it’
Accompanied with frustration’s tear
When we are o’er-whelmed by this life’s care
We know what we need to do
We need to fall on our knees in prayer
And give it all to You

You did not pose an empty plea
Or a polite invitation
When You said ‘Come unto Me
Ye weary, heavy-laden’
Lord, when we trust and come to You
How greatly we are blessed
What You promise us is true
Oh Lord, You give us rest

Janet~

Come unto Me,
All you who are weary and heavy-laden
And I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn of me
For I am meek and lowly in heart
And you shall find unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matt.11:28-30

No comments: