Sunday, October 24, 2010

Best For Me


Alone in quiet solitude
I kneel at dawn to pray
Before a God, holy and good
I don’t know what to say
For there is not one jot concealed
That His eye does not see
My deepest thought to Him revealed
And yet He still loves me

Beneath the scepter of His grace
I humbly call to Him
Relying on His righteousness
When my vision is dim
For I can’t see what lies ahead
Or what this day will be
Help me God, to trust Your lead
You know what’s best for me

In spite of all my errant ways
And all my foolish pride
You never leave me in disgrace
Nor ever leave my side
So as I kneel before Your throne
And pour my heart to Thee
Help me to say ‘Thy will be done’
You know what’s best for me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding......Prov.3:5

No comments: