Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painter of the Sky




Someday I’ll cross the transient border-line
Dividing time from all eternity
And only words I’ve said and things I’ve done
Will be all that then remains of me
Oh, but you won’t need to cry
I’m going to meet the Painter of the sky

You ask me how I know I can be sure
That Heaven waits in my eternity
The love of Christ keeps His beloved secure
Because His precious blood has set me free
And someday in the nearer by and by
I’m going to meet the Painter of the sky

Someday I’ll stand in awe, not here below
But in some port beyond the setting sun
And I will feast my eyes upon the glow
Of Jesus Christ; as I bow at His throne
His nail-scarred hands will wipe each tear-drop dry
As I gaze at the Painter of the sky

Janet Martin~

The sun-set was breath-taking last night.

Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens.
Who created all these? Isa. 40:26

1 John 5:11-13 (New International Version, ©2011)
11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Concluding Affirmations
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

No comments: