Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Number One


Seems like every day I hear a brand new boast
Something great that somebody has done
But they can never impress me most
Because for me my God is number one

He does not need a star or Hall of Fame
Citing the grand accolade He won
My God knows every star by name
And I’m so glad I know He’s number one

The music of this world stirs and inspires
As we applaud the latest, greatest song
But I know who orchestrates the angel choirs
He is God and He is number one

Who can change one’s stature, touch the sky?
Can any here direct the wind or sun?
I’m glad my only boast rules from on high
He is God and He is number one

Janet~

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Gal.6:14

No comments: