Monday, April 18, 2011

His Eternal Love


The threshold of a new day yawns
Before my wondering gaze
As surely as a new day dawns
So too, amazing grace
And as I draw this thought to me
Of love that never dims
I cannot help but thankfully
Live every breath for Him

My visage surely cannot grasp
The wonder of it all
But just to think He loves us first
Compels me then to fall
Before the nail-scarred hands of love
And praise Him humbly then
For He so loved this world enough
To die for fallen men

Each sad attempt to satisfy
The hopeless void within
Each futile search to gratify
The appetite of sin
The stubborn and pathetic quest
To live life on my own
Are washed away by heaven’s Best
As I bow at His throne

The threshold of a new day lies
Un-trodden at our feet
And as we lift our wondering eyes
Up to His mercy seat
May He bestow in gentle love
The courage to go on
Until we touch His hand above
In an eternal dawn

Janet~



1 John 4:10 - This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

No comments: