Thursday, April 14, 2011

Glory


Around my heart assurance flows
A soft and sacred gown
Oh, we must surely bear His cross
If we would wear a crown

Why do we seek life’s pleasant hills?
Or long for pleasures sweet?
We will not find true joy until
We linger at His feet

There is a road laid out for man
Appealing to the eye
But oh, the sorrow it will span
As we lay down to die

In death its foolish lusts will pass
As we have naught to show
But ashes in the waving grass
And torture far below

The road which leads to love and life
Is fraught with grief and hate
But we will glory in the strife
That leads to Heaven's gate

Janet~


All men will hate you because of me. Luke 21:17




1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy one of Israel, your Savior;

Isa. 43: 1-3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,glad I found your site as this poem flows with power and is so easy to read.If you want some links to other Christian poetry sites, where you will surely be welcomed,then let me know. God Bless, Mike.

Hope said...

you do write with power and i think I know where that comes from! :)

beautiful, Janet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet, here's another worthy poetry site to look at http://idyllsfortheking.wordpress.com/

Janet said...

Hope, the power comes from the only true Source:)

Thank-you Mike