Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One True God


I do not know what I would do
If I could not rely on You
If I had no God to trust
But those ordained by hands of dust
I bow before You thankfully
As your mercy sustains me

What if the greatest powers known
Were held in gods of wood and stone?
No Spirit then to guide and keep
No Shepherd for these wandering sheep
We would tread a doleful road
Beneath a dark and hopeless load

I do not know what I would do
If I could never pray to You
If none would hear me as I plead
And pour out every fear and need
Where oh where would I go then?
If You did not care for sons of men

My soul is quieted within
Where oh, where can I begin
To measure Your great Love for me
Poured out in full at Calvary
I fall prostrate on the sod
Before You, our one true God

Janet~

I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else -- Deuteronomy 4:39.

No comments: