Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Lovely Flower


Kindness is a lovely flower
One cannot force its seed
But there is nothing like the power
Of kindness touching need

Kindness is a lovely bloom
It needs no pot or bowl
Its fragrance fills the dreary room
And cheers the down-cast soul

Kindness is a stunning rose
Of pure and humble beauty
Its root in selfless visage grows
And never out of duty

Kindness is a lovely flower
All can afford its splendor
In every season, every hour
Its bloom is fair and tender

Janet~

)Be kind to one another, tenderhearted,forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephes. 4:32

3 comments:

Megan said...

First I have to mention your beautiful coneflowers! I love them against the weathered wood :)

I enjoyed reading the similarities between flowers and kindness. The last verse is so true... we can all afford to be kind, everyday :)

Love that verse from Ephesians... I used it in my 2nd blog post, "An Unfortunate Pan of Brownies."

It's raining and cold here today ~ hope you're fairing better up north :)

Janet said...

Thank-you Megan...I wish these were my cone flowers but they are my friends...or were, She told me that the old barn and flower bed are going, so I took some pictures.All her plants looked gorgeous against the weathered barn-board!

I like this verse too. I think it is one of the first verses I memorized as a child.

We are waiting for the rain to begin...it is gray and damp.

This is why we photograph flowers isn't it?...our winter gardens~

Louis Gander said...

Short, cute and really good. Really nice. "...nothing like the power of kindness touching need." That's powerful.