Thursday, October 13, 2011

Child, Let Me


Lord, I’d be lost if I didn’t have you
So many times I’m unsure what to do
Worry and fear turn to anxiety
The You breathe through my tears, ‘Child, let Me’

Lord, far too often I try very hard
To do as I ought to until I’m so tired
The fruit of my failure is easy to see
Then I hear You whisper ‘Child, let Me’

Tempted and tried, oh, my God I confess
The road is so wide to this world’s success
I reach for you’re Hand, the way I cannot see
You understand as you repeat, ‘Child, let Me’

Lord, far too often I try on my own
Stumbling and fumbling, I weep and I groan
Help me to trust You enough to ‘just be’
As your mercy and love murmur ‘Child, let Me’

Janet Martin

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt.11:28-30