Thursday, November 5, 2009

Resignation


I need a little extra time with You today
There’s so many loved ones for which I should pray
Lord, You told us You see each falling sparrow
So I know that You know just how straight and narrow
Some people’s passages are coming to be
As they struggle ‘neath burdens of misery
So Lord, I’m begging, help me not to grumble
These crosses are here to keep us humble

You never promised a life-time of ease
A garden to wander wherever we please
But You promised us that if we resign
Our foolish will to Your perfect design
That You’ll never leave or forsake us here
You know each heartache, You see every tear
So I’ll take a little extra time today
As I entrust each loved one to Your care today

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
11/05/09

....yet not my will but yours be done. Luke 22:42

No comments: